- Funding development projects to improve FreeBSD, including: Native iSCSI kernel stack, Updated Intel graphics chipset support, Integration of Newcons, UTF-8 console support, Superpages for ARM architecture, and Layer 2 networking modernization and performance improvements.
- Hiring two more staff members to help with FreeBSD development projects, security, and release engineering.
- Educating the public and promoting FreeBSD. We are preparing the debut our new online magazine, the FreeBSD Journal. We created high-quality brochures to teach people about FreeBSD. We also visited companies to help facilitate collaboration efforts with the Project.
- Sponsoring BSD conferences and summits in Europe, Japan, Canada, and the US.
- Protecting FreeBSD IP and providing legal support to the Project.
- Purchasing hardware to build and improve FreeBSD project infrastructure.
The FreeBSD Foundation